- HACCP stands for HAZARD ANALYSIS CRITICAL, CONTROL POINTS.
- The HACCP system has evolved to monitor the critical points i.e.
- Hygienic food handling
- Safe storoge and careful use of hazardous substances
- Safe premises and equipment storage
- HACCP has been implemented in kitchen in order to provide a safe and hygienic working environment not only for food handlers but also for the provision of safe and risk free foods to the public.
- HACCP helps to prevent as close as 100% of possible, harmful contamination in the food supply industry.
THE 7 HACCP PRINCIPLES ARE
Identify critical control points
Establish preventive measure with critical limits for each control point
Establish procedures to monitor the critical control points
Establish corrective actions to be taken when monitoring shows that a critical limit has not been met
Establish procedures to verify that the system is working properly
Establish effective record keeping to document the HACCP system