In Sunday my first priority is to make a dish by own hands. But today I was thinking about Haleem Recipe. Pakistani Recipe about how to make Haleem is not very hard to learn. In some simple step you can make a delicious dish for you and your friends that have come to enjoy Sunday with you.
- Wheat grains 1/2 kg
- Mutton or beef 1 1/2 kg
- Soda 1 pinch.
- Seasoning and Garnish:
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh coriander
- Green chili
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp.
- Onions 3 medium
- Ginger and garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Lemons 4.
- Banaspati Ghee 2 cups.
- Garam masala (ground) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Gram lentils (soaked and boiled) 1 cup
- Ginger (finely chopped) 2 medium pieces
Method of Haleem:
- Heat banaspati gee in a cooking pan and Put mutton or beef into it.
- Add garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
- Provide medium heat. In a separate pan boil wheat grains with lots of water, add salt.
- When the grains become tender and mushy add one pinch of soda in it and cook further for 15-20 minutes.
- Now mix the wheat grains with the meat and mix well in pan.
- Stirring and shaking so that both are mixed properly.
- Now grind the lentils in a food processor.
- Make it into a thick paste by adding 2 cups of water while processing it.
- Pour the lentil paste into the meat and wheat mixture and stir to mix well.
- Place the pan on a heavy griddle (tava) on low heat and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Fry the sliced onion in ghee and drain on absorptive paper.
- When the Haleem is cooked, sprinkle it with fried onions, garam masala, fresh mint and coriander leaves.
- Also garnish with cumin and ginger.
- Keep a little of the seasoning separate and serve with Haleem.
I think you have learnt everything about Haleem Recipe – haleem making method and ready to enjoy a party with Fayyaz. Come and join my Sunday party.