Total time: 45 Minutes
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (chopped or crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Put the vegetable oil into large skillet and heat over medium fire.
- Add onions and Saut it for 2 minutes and then add garlic and again saut for next 2 minutes until sauted.
- Add the chicken, ground turmeric, chili powder and salt and fry it for 5 minutes with continous stirring everything in skillet.
- Add tomatoes and heat it for boil over medium or low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add ground cumin, curry powder, ground coriander ginger, and green chilies, stir, cover again and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove cover raise heat to the medium to evaporate liquid for next 7-8 minutes.
- Add the butter/ghee, and cilantro, simmer on low 5-7 minutes more.
- Your Galfrezi chicken is ready to serve