Pakistan telecommunication PTA has issued a warning and public notice for VPN users.
It has been stated through a public notice that
Usage of any mode of communication such as VPN by means of which communication becomes hidden or encrypted is a violation of PTA regulations.PTA has simplified the process of registration. Now Public & private sector organizations, foreign missions and freelancers, who desire to use VPN for their legitimate purposes, must register their VPN by using the online application available at https://ipregistration.pta.gov.pk/. by 31st October 2022, to avoid disruption. Application for VPN registration will only be accepted through the above-mentioned online link. Applications communicated through any other means shall not be accepted.
How to do VPN Registration
- PTA has launched its online system through above said link i.e.https://ipregistration.pta.gov.pk/. First, you have to go to this given address by clicking here.
How to make NADRA Complaints through Centralized Complaint Management System?
- After clicking on the above-said link you get a screen of VPN Registration And IP Whitelisting systems like this.
Here on this Users will be invited to create an account or log in to their account if they have not registered yet, you have to create your account after clicking on the link for creating an account.
VPN Registration And IP Whitelisting System
VPN registration is subject to the provision of the following:
- Verification of “Subscriber Information” and “IP address” from Internet service provider
- Correct information of Service provider, Subscriber ID (issued by Internet Service Provider), CNIC and IP addresses
- Relevant and readable documents
- At least one static IP will be required for freelancer/remote employee, eighter in Pakistan or abroad.