G Flex having a flexible weight of just 177 g with OLED 6 Inch Display with a dramic curve on Horizontal axis.
LG Mobile Unit President Park Jong-Seok said while characterizing the G Flex that this phone is best representation in the market. How a smartphone should be curved and LG has proved this, this is the world’s first real curved-screen smartphone , He said.
Inside the G Flex, there is a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor , a 13-megapixel camera, 2GB of RAM and a staggering 3,500 mAh battery time.
LG has said that curved nature of screen will offer wider viewing angles and heightened experience. Unlike Samsung, LG didn’t offer any tailor-made assisting software to take advantage the curved screen.
On top of its curved nature, G Flex – according to company – uses a self-healing technology that will automatically get rid of scratches on the rear of the phone.
The LG G Flex is the first smartphone to apply a “Self Healing” coating on the back cover.
The rubber band coating has the ability to recover from the daily wear-and-tear scratches and nicks that un-cased smartphones are likely to receive, keeping the G Flex looking newer longer.
LG G Flex will be made available in Korea starting November. Worldwide availability is yet to be announced. No words on price of G Flex were said by officials.
- Key Specifications are for the Korean Version, international version may carry different specs.
- Processor: 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm? Snapdragon™ 800 (MSM 8974)
- CPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Display: 6-inch HD (1280 x 720), Curved P-OLED (Real RGB)
- Memory: 2GB LP DDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMc
- Camera:Rear 13.0MP, Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,500mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 – 8.7mm
- Weight: 177g
- Network: LTE-A / LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- Connectivity: BT 4.0 / USB 3.0 compatible / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC
- Color: Titan Silver