Prime Minister Six Youth Packages and Schemes Detail
1. The Small Business Loan Scheme has been planned for unemployed people‚ especially educated youth to modify them to start their own business enterprise.
Under the scheme loans ranging from five hundred thousand to two million rupees would be advanced to youth at concessionaire earnings rate of eight percent and the remaining burden of the mark up would be assumed by the government.
2. Fifty percent loans would be given to women and initially these loans would be advocated by National Bank of Pakistan and First Women Bank of Pakistan. Five billion rupees have been apportioned for the scheme.
3. The prime minister said under Youth Training Scheme those finishing sixteen year degree education from recognized institutions would be given practical training to help them assure job at home or overseas.
For this on the job training ten thousand rupees scholarship per month would be given for one year and fifty thousand graduates would gain from the scheme.
Four billion rupees have been appropriated for this scheme.
4. The Youth Skilled Development Scheme is being launched for boys and girls who have passed 8th class.
They will be given six months training in different trades along with scholarship of five thousand rupees a month. The government has reserved eight hundred million rupees for the scheme.
5. Sharif also announced a scheme for sponsoring tuition fee of students belonging to backward areas so that brilliant students are not deprived of their right to education due to financial constraints.
The government would pay at an average forty thousand rupees annual fee on behalf of each of the thirty thousand students for MA‚ M.Sc and higher level education.
This scheme is being launched at a cost of 1.2 billion rupees.
6. The prime minister said four billion rupees have been earmarked for Prime Minister’s scheme for Provision of Laptops.
Under the scheme one hundred thousand students would be provided laptops this year by the federal government.
He said the federal government has already sanctioned basic structure of these schemes and organizations have also been finished for their execution. He however invited suggestions from people to make these schemes more transparent and hundred percent merit based.
Details of these schemes would be available on the website www.pmo.gov.pk from Monday and people can give their comments on the website. Suggestions can also be sent in writing to the Prime Minister’s office.