Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
Ready In: 50 Mins
This recipe is very useful for all Middle Eastern people. It will give you superb taste with best flavor. This is simple easy recipe that combines lentils, rice and fried onions. With yogurt you will really taste your best dish.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked green lentils
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Using medium heat take a large skillet and heat the olive oil. Stir in onions and cook about 10 minutes until it get browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take Lentils in a saucepan with enough salted water to cover. As it reaches to boil reduce the heat and get simmer about 15 minutes.
- Stir rice in saucepan with salted water to cover with the lentils. Use salt and pepper for your choice. Cover your saucepan and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until rice and Lentils get tender.
- Mix fried onions into the lentils mixture. Use Yogurt or sour cream to serve for best flavor.